Saturday, January 11, 2014

Publication

"Walk Forward" was published on Amazon.com on September 25, 2012 as an ebook and in paperback formats on http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Forward-ebook/dp/B009H6Y7AC and CreateSpace at
https://www.CreateSpace.com/4025278M. The creation of the book has led me to finding people, letters, and photographs, which I never imagined existed.

I have found a cousin who not only had my father's letters, but had photographs of my family in Poland before the Second World War. I never imagined finding these materials, which I donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM) on May 9, 2013. I had met a member of USHMM at a conference and was asked if I might donate the original letters cited in the book to the museum in Washington, D.C. May 9 was a significant date in our family, as it was the day my father felt free of concentration camp Theresienstadt. It was finding a new cousin who had the letters, and the cousin and her sister agreeing to send the letters to the USA, which are all small miracles! Finding a new cousin so many years after the Shoah (Holocaust) is truly amazing. Thanks Cousin Nira for sending the letters to me for donation to USHMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment